Wednesday, March 31, 2010

'cause all you need is a pretty song

I've probably mentioned on here once or twice or somewhere in the twenties that I'm really loving this spring thing so far. We're getting out almost every day, all short sleeved and lemonade drinking and flower picking, talking a mile a minute and taking too many pictures. I'm rearranging the songs on my iPod so we're not driving down a newly-leafy tree-lined road with the sun toasting our arms and have something sullen and wintry come on. That would be disastrous, right? Absolutely.

Here are a few of my favorite springtime bands, just off the top of my head: Beulah, Olivia Tremor Control, The Beatles (they have something for every day), Summer Hymns, Gorky's Zygotic Mynci, Belle and Sebastian, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Built to Spill, Pavement, Boo Radleys, The Kinks, Animal Collective, The Zombies. I'll try to put together a mix of songs later today, if you'd like.

We're on our way to an American Girl craft party for Allie (don't we have it so good?), but you should tell me what you like to listen to when the sun comes out and makes everything lovely and new again. Can't wait to hear it.

(I'm all excited because I just found out about this, too. Music Festival! In Raleigh! About darned time!)

4 comments:

Newt said...

I like the Jackson Five for warm weather. And Bowie's Hunky Dory.

sarah said...

*Great* call on the Jackson 5! My kids will approve, too. Bowie's standard, year-round, and could never ruin a good drive.

kirsten said...

shut up.

it's been snowing for the past two days.


(beach boys, phoenix - if it was warm enough to listen to them)

sarah said...

Man, how did I forget the Beach Boys? And Phoenix...YES! And they remind me of Air, which would also be fitting.
I shall shut up now and just quietly hope for the good weather to visit you, too :)